It would have been 12 books, 12 months, but I guess that ship has sailed. Part of my goals for the new year include reading a whole slew of books. Sure, twelve is not terribly many when compared to my reading habits of the past, but it is a good start!
I am not sure which books I am going to read, other than I want them to be relevant to my religious and spiritual interests, since I have fallen so far out of touch with that aspect of my life. (Notice the lack of posts lately?). This list is really subject to change based on my whims, but I thought having a preliminary idea might be useful! If anyone has any recommendations, or comments on those on this list, I would also love to hear them!
The list is just in alphabetical order.
1) Greek Religion by Walter Burkert
2) The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell
3) Seidways: Shaking, Swaying, and Serpent Mysteries by Jan Fries
4) Orpheus and Greek Religion by William Guthrie
5) Essays on a Science of Mythology by Carl Jung and Carl Kerenyi
6) Qabalah, Qliphoth, and Goetic Magic by Thomas Karlsson
7) Dionysos: Archetypal Image of Indestructible Life by Carl Kerenyi
8) Hermes: Guide of Souls by Carl Kerenyi
9) Arcana Mundi: Magic and the Occult in the Greek and Roman Worlds by Georg Luck
10) Thracian Magic: Past & Present by Georgi Mishev
11) The Great Mother by Erich Neumann
12) The Rotting Goddess: The Origin of the Witch in Classical Antiquity by Jacob Rabinowitz